Athlos Academy of Utah is now offering middle school. Beginning fall 2017, Athlos Academy serves students in grades K–7 and will continue to add middle-school grades in the coming years.
Athlos offers the real middle school experience and more. Download our flyer for more information!
Middle school electives for 2017-2018 will be available to grades six and seven. Find the list of available electives here.
- Qualified and caring educators: Our expanding and skilled middle-school teaching team understands how to fully engage students so they are excited to learn. Support from our teaching professionals challenges and supports our students so they may reach a high level of achievement.
- Preparation for college mathematics: More than just memorization and the use of algorithms, the Athlos middle-school math program prepares students with the math skills and deep understanding needed to build upon in college. Our curriculum closes the well-known gap between grade-school mathematics and college expectations.
- Hands-on science experience to prepare students for the real world: Athlos Academy is equipped with up-to-date and innovative science labs, lessons, and materials. By using an inquiry-based approach to science teaching, students learn through doing, experimenting and growing as prepared problem solvers.
- Competitive sports: Middle school students will have the opportunity to try out for after-school competitive sports offered through the UCSSAL (Utah Charter and Small Schools Athletic League). Talk to our coaches for more details! More information is available in the Athlete Handbook here.
- Daily participation in athletic movement class: In our new, state-of-the-art facilities, students take part each day in age-appropriate physical activity, creating healthy habits to last a lifetime.
- Small class sizes: Overcrowding is a huge problem at many middle schools. Athlos limits class sizes at around 25 students, meaning teachers are able to pay attention to individual student learning.
- Electives to expand growing minds and growing interests: Athlos Academy of Utah will offer a range of exciting elective classes to assure our students are interested and engaged in a wide-variety of subjects.
- Student leadership opportunities: Athlos Academy creates the ideal environment and culture to foster students on a trajectory to future success in high school, career, and community positions of leadership.
- No schedule juggling: All students at Athlos begin and end school at the same time, as well as having the same school calendar year, making family scheduling much more convenient.