August 13, 2021
Athlos Families and Staff:
Below you will find a more detailed summary of COVID-19 protocols that Athlos Academy plans to follow as we begin the 2021-22 school year next week. As we have received additional questions from families, we hope you will find answers below to help guide your family. Please view state and local recommendations as you make the best decisions for your family.
Face masks are not required at Athlos Academy. Individual choices regarding masks will be respected. State and County Health Department recommendations regarding masks can be found at the following link:
We encourage families to study the recommendations and choose what they believe is best.
Students and employees at Athlos Academy are not required to be vaccinated. Individual choices regarding vaccinations should be respected. State and County Health Department recommendations regarding vaccinations can be found at the following link:
Isolation for Those Who Test Positive
Students and employees who test positive for COVID-19 will be required to isolate for 10 days from the day of a positive test as directed by the County Health Department. Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 will not be permitted at school or any school activities during their isolation period.
Quarantine After Exposure
Quarantine decisions for students and employees who may have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 will be made with the county health department.
- Quarantine at home if you are exposed to COVID-19 and are not fully vaccinated. We consider anyone who was within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes, to be exposed.
- Under the standard quarantine protocol, you can end quarantine:
- On day 10, without testing. You can end quarantine 10 days after the last time you had close contact with the person who tested positive if you don’t have symptoms of COVID-19.
- On day 7 with a negative test result. You must wait at least 7 days after your exposure to be tested. You can end quarantine if your test is negative and you do not have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you are exposed to someone at school who tests positive for COVID-19, you can continue to come to school if:
- You are fully vaccinated.
- Both individuals were wearing masks at the time of exposure.
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days.
- You were wearing a N95 or KN95 mask at the time of exposure.
- OR IF YOU:
- Wear a mask at school for 10 days.
- Wear a mask at school for 7 days and then get tested. If you test negative on day 7 you don’t have to wear a mask anymore.
- For more information, please visit the State of Utah Coronavirus K-12 School Recommendations page.
- “Test-to-Play” – We will not have a “test-to-play” protocols in place for extracurricular activities.
- Free COVID-19 Testing – there are many free local sites for COVID-19 testing including pharmacies, school districts, and other locations
- Classroom volunteers are welcome at the discretion of teachers and will adhere to our current visitor policy (Policy 8003).
There are no restrictions in the cafeteria.