Athlos Academy of Utah provides a comprehensive program with a continuum of services for our students with disabilities. All of our services are developed to facilitate each student in reaching his or her potential.
The following underlying assumptions guide the organization and provision of special education services in our school:
- Special Education is a service that should be delivered to students in the least restrictive environment possible to meet their academic and social needs.
- Students with disabilities should have exposure to the rich curricular, instructional, and social opportunities that their non-disable peers receive.
- Students with disabilities should be held to high expectations and rigorous academic pursuits.
- Families are essential partners in making educational decisions for students.
- Accountability and evidence of progress is an essential component of our special education services.
Students receive a full range of appropriate special education and related services, in the general education setting and/or in pull out small groups or individual instruction. A small number of students are educated in specialized programs in the school. The goal of Athlos is to be able to provide a rich system of inclusive education.