January 13, 2022
Due to a rapid increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in our schools, high absentee rates, and staffing shortages, Athlos Academy has received permission from state leaders to move to distance learning January 19-21, 2022.
This is a difficult decision to make; we know that it will have different impacts on each of our families and we want to help everyone the best we can. Now is the time to lean on our Performance Character Traits like Optimism, Creativity and Courage. Working together, we can make this the best possible experience for our students.
- There will be no in-person learning in our schools on Wednesday, January 19 through Friday, January 21. With no school already planned on Monday, January 17 and Tuesday, January 18, this will allow for nine days without students in schools to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our schools and communities.
- Distance Learning Schedule and Expectations
- Details regarding the distance learning schedule will be sent soon.
- Students will still receive healthy body instruction.
- Students are expected to exhibit proper behavior when online during distance learning. Zoom background links can be found here: Student Zoom Backgrounds – Athlos Academy of Utah (athlosutah.org)
- Attendance will be taken daily during the scheduled Zoom meetings.
- Please fill out this technology survey to indicate whether your child needs to borrow a laptop for next week <<TECHNOLOGYANDMEALSURVEY>>
- Tech Help
- Tech help will be available Wednesday-Friday from 10-11 a.m. A link will be provided before Wednesday, January 19 at 8:00 a.m. If you have any additional concerns or needs, please contact Josalyn Filkins at email@example.com.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided through Driveline on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (January 19- 21) from 10-11 a.m. Please fill out this survey if you plan to pick up food next week <<TECHNOLOGYANDMEALSURVEY>>
- Extra-curricular activities are cancelled, specifically Girls’ Basketball.
Thank you for your understanding and support. We hope this is a short disruption and that we can return to in-person school on Monday, January 24.
Please reach out with any questions or concerns.
Josalyn Filkins, Interim Executive Director and Assistant Superintendent
Shylah Poirier, SPED and Assistant Director