Dear Athlos families,
Applications for the Athlos 2020-2021 Student Council are being accepted now! Interested students will need to email Jennifer Saderholm (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive the electronic Student Council Application and Teacher Recommendation forms. These forms must be submitted no later than May 1, 2020. Please read the application process thoroughly.
The goals of the student council are to enhance communication between students and administration/staff, model the Performance Character traits, serve the school community, and promote school spirit and a positive school environment. The student council positions come with a great deal of opportunity as well as responsibilities. As an officer, you will get an incredible experience in learning what it takes to be a leader. Being in the student council should be fun and worthwhile.
In order to be eligible, students must:
- Complete an application for a position open to their upcoming grade.
- Have no 1s on their most recent report card.
- Receive TWO teacher recommendations to evaluate student citizenship (involving academic performance and demonstration of the Athlos character traits).
- Demonstrate good attendance and punctuality.
- Have no suspensions in the current school year.
- Not have more than two office referrals in the current school year.
Those who meet these requirements and have high teacher recommendations will then be scheduled to participate in a 5-minute Zoom interview in the coming weeks.
We are looking forward to lots of fun activities and learning experiences to come in the 2020-2021 school year!